Please Note: Group Tours (Journey’s) are not occurring at present until further notice, due to staff shortages.
When Burraja is conducting these activities again we will publicise it widely!
We design our tours and programs to suit you. Tours can include the following activities:
- Learn the art of “Knapping” – the process of hitting a stone core with a hammer-stone to make a flake for use in making spear points and knives.
- Participate in Spear and Boomerang throwing.
- Learn what local native plants were used by the Aboriginal people in this area.
- Understand the archaeological processes used to identify Aboriginal occupation and artifacts.
- Undertake Cultural Awareness Training
We offer tours that target a wide range of people and groups including educational institutions (primary, secondary and tertiary), businesses, community and other interest groups.
Public tours are conducted from 10am – 2pm Monday—Friday. Bookings are welcome for special tour groups up to 25 people. Larger groups may be taken by prior arrangement. There is no minimum number for public tours.
At Burraja we can also customize a tour or program to fit the needs and interests of your group.
Here’s a summary of the tours we offer:
|1 hr||Welcome/ stone tools/ plants|
|2 hr||Welcome/ stone tools/ plants|
|Walk along river/ cultural landscape|
|1/2 day||Cultural Awareness Training Packages|
|Welcome/ stone tools/ plants|
|Spear throwing/ stories telling|
|Full Day||Welcome/stone tools/Spear throwing/Site visit|
|By appointment||Special events|
|Cultural site identification / heritage legislation / group event|
TESTIMONIALS (Kind Words About Us!)
We received some great Thank You letters from students who visited with their class recently. Click on the images below to read their appreciative letters!